Monday, January 5, 2009

The cry of a waring heart.

I have never known strife and war.
I have never tasted the Fear of battle.
I have never looked in the eyes of a dyeing man.

I have seen death griping the bodies of warriors.
I have seen mothers wailing for their stolen young.
I have seen blood flowing as rivers down city streets.

Why oh God does my heart yearn for something that I have never known,
when my eyes have seen the horrors that would result?

Why father does the lifeless eyes of the of the children fail to shame
my heart into submission?

Why do the tears of the heartbroken not soften my lust for the glories of battle?

Why Father do you tarry even now?
Why do the children pay for the sins their long dead forefathers?
Why must we wait for your justice to be metered out?

Please my father, give wisdom to your servant.
He desires to understand your ways.
He longs to know the depths of your heart.

Keep him from the wrath of his heart.
Do not allow him to be tainted by the very evil he would seek to destroy.
Allow the peace that flows from your being to pervade him.

Gaza 2009
In any war there are those that are innocent. The children pay the price for the evils of men that are killing because of an ancient family feud, Or because their God demands them to. How much blood must be spilled before men will do as God demands and let him punish the evils of this world? How many mothers will have to wail and morn before we stop. How many fathers will have to bear their sons into the cold earth before the wrath of the human heart is subdued. What will it take to make us see the horrors and evils of our dark and hardened hearts? I don't know why God allows this evil to go on, but I do know that when the time comes, his wrath will be perfect and his justice will be swift. Please father let it be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment